Sunday, April 6, 2008

Monday morning in Rwanda

This year I have decided to let you see all of the pictures I took with some captions from the days. I hope this works good for you and you enjoy staying up to date with us.  Thank you so much for your prayers.  We are feeing them.
Today, Monday we are heading off to a national day of remembering the Genocide of 14 years ago here in Rwanda and will actually get to hear the President of Rwanda speak.  From what we understand this will be a very emotional day for the people of Rwanda as they remember their families and what happen.  
When I awoke this morning at 4:30 a.m. I looked out of my hotel room on the city and the hillside with the lights twinkling and with no movement at all on the streets and tried but knowing that I could not fully understand what happened here in 1994.  It was a somber feeling.
Have a great day.  Everyone sends their love and we wish you were all here to experience this with us and what God is doing in Rwanda.  Maybe next year?  YES.

http://picasaweb.google.com/johnacrews1/RwandaSunday

7 comments:

Jenny Hintze said...

Hey, man, glad you're there. Please post pictures. See ya later.

Anonymous said...

Thanks John for keeping me updated. The girls and I are so excited when we see a new post and the pics are beautiful!

April Emore
(Jason's wife)

Anonymous said...

Your description of the welcoming brought back precious memories of Jan's and my visit last summer. The people are so wonderful there.

Donna said...

Jason I am so proud of you and thankful you made it okay. I creid with great joy in my heart when I read the bloggs. They are appreciated.

WE love you very much,
Donna
Jason's sister in law

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!!! Thank you for the pictures. It is so excititng to be able to see what is going on there.
Love you all!!
Lizanne

Debbie said...

I am with you in spirit and in prayer! Your pictures are great and make me feel like I am right alongside you. Please give Ruth, Peace, and all the PACWA leadership ladies BIG hugs from me and Annelie.
And tell them I will be there Sept. 20, with a new group of friends to introduce to them.
We thank God for you all. Know that we are constantly thinking of and praying for you there.
Joy and Peace.
Debbie

Court said...

Mom & Dad ~ The pictures and stories brought back some neat memories.

"Sing...to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything." (Eph 5:19-20)

No matter the source of the evil, if we are in God and completely surrounded by Him, we must realize that it has first passed through Him before coming to us. Because of this, we can thank Him for everything that comes our way. Offering thanks for what He will bring out of it and through it. These sweet people are a true example of this. They offer us continual thanksgiving and praise and in return, God then richly blesses them and those around them.

Praying for you. Love you ~ Court