Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Thoughts from Jason

The trip was one in which I never dreamed I would be involved with.  This in itself is a great example of how God has shared his love with me.
I witnessed courageous people making the best of a bleak situation often with smiles on their faces.  Another example of grace.
I was able to hear testimonies and give examples of my own.  This was special because the people were so open with us and so humble.  They knew that we came because God wanted us to know that they were there and that they needed help.
We were allowed to attend a memorial service for the 14th anniversary of the 1994 genocide.  People were still humble allowing us to take seats and welcoming us.  This was the most emotional time of the trip, I now
have a more complete understanding of how many lives were devastated and how important it is to get involved with mission work.
I will never forget the faces of the children.  Their expressions told stories, many probably sad ones. They smiled anyway and always gave us warm greetings.
John and Diane on their own made the trip a joy.  Humble attitudes and a willingness to share about mission experience.  It was also a pleasure to watch them interact with locals as they always did with a servants
heart and a good amount of prayer.
This is a small example of how the trip affected me.  I will continue to keep the prayers going for the people, and the country.  I will also seek Gods will for my next trip through prayer.
-Thanks to everyone on the trip for making it memorable, I give all credit to God for changing me through this ministry.

        Jason Emore

No comments: